Serums and creams are skincare products that can provide a range of benefits for the skin, but they differ in their formulation, consistency, and intended use.
- Are lightweight and have a thinner consistency than creams
- Typically contain a high concentration of active ingredients such as antioxidants, vitamins, and peptides
- Have smaller molecules that can penetrate deeply into the skin
- Are intended to deliver targeted treatments to specific skin concerns (e.g., brightening, hydrating, anti-aging)
- Can be used alone or layered under moisturizer
- Are thicker in consistency than serums
- Contain a mix of water and oil-based ingredients to hydrate and nourish the skin
- Often include emollients such as shea butter or dimethicone to create a protective barrier on the skin’s surface and prevent moisture loss
- May also contain active ingredients in lower concentrations than serums
- Are intended to provide overall hydration and moisture to the skin
- Can be used alone or layered over serum
In summary, serums are lightweight products designed to deliver targeted treatments with high concentrations of active ingredients. Creams are thicker products designed to provide overall hydration and nourishment for the skin. Both products can complement each other when used together in a skincare routine. At BYM we offer both serums and creams to transform your skin. Add one or both to your current regimen and get maximum results.