We’ve all done it. Friends want to take a picture, and we S-T-R-E-T-C-H out our chin to make it look long and lean. The photos come out great, but wouldn’t it be great not to worry about how you’ll get rid of your sagging neck in pictures?
What causes it to sag? Collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid are diminishing as we age. Like the elastic in your favorite yoga pants, your skin’s elastin breaks down, causing your skin to sag over time.
Profound laser is our go-to treatment for saggy, crepey skin around the lower face, jawline, and neck. It’s a long-pulse, radio-frequency, micro-needling device that helps stimulate the skin to produce up to 5x more elastin, up to 2x more collagen, and increase hyaluronic acid—all critical to maintaining your healthy, younger-looking skin.
Things you should know about the Profound Laser:
- Treatment time is about an hour and a half
- We inject lidocaine and epinephrine to numb
- 7-10 days of swelling, bruising, scabbing, and red and blotchy skin
- Add the CO2 laser to your treatment
- Final results are seen between 6 and 12 months
- Results can last up to 5 years
- It can be used on the body for skin tightening and cellulite
Non-surgical interventions do have limitations. Profound can prolong a facelift but does not give surgical-like results. Having the right expectations about your treatment is critical. A consultation is required before treatment to ensure you are the right candidate and have all the information needed to make it an excellent treatment and recovery.